Local organizations working against the death penalty
- American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts
The death penalty is the greatest denial of civil liberties.
Ann Lambert, Legislative Counsel
99 Chauncy Street, Suite 310, Boston, MA 02111
(617) 482-3170, x332 phone, (617) 451-0009 fax,
- Amnesty International USA Northeast Region
The death penalty is the ultimate, irreversible
denial of human rights. Amnesty International works for an end to executions
in all cases and the abolition of the death penalty everywhere.
Joshua Rubenstein, Regional Director
58 Day Street, Somerville, MA 02114
(617) 623-0202 phone, (617) 623-2005 fax,
Scott Langley, Mass. Death Penalty Abolition Coordinator
418 Massachusetts Ave. #2, Boston MA 02118
(214) 226-0503 mobile,
- Criminal Justice Policy Coalition
Dedicated to the advancement of effective, just, and humane criminal justice policy in Massachusetts. The death penalty has no place in society.
Brandyn Keating, Executive Director
563 Massachusetts Ave., Boston, MA 02118
(617) 236-1188, phone, (617) 236-4399 fax,
- Massachusetts Citizens Against the Death Penalty
The oldest death penalty abolition organization in the country, founded in response to the executions of Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti.
Martina Jackson, Executive Director
P.O. Box 51920, Boston, MA 02205
(617) 523-3951 phone, (617) 371-1037 fax,
Boston North Chapter
Bristol County Chapter
Rev. Susan Lee
Essex County Chapter
Rev. Ralph Galen
Hampden County Chapter
Worcester County Chapter
- Murder Victims Families For Human Rights
Family members of victims of criminal murder, terrorist killings, state executions, extrajudicial assassinations, and "disappearances" working to oppose the death penalty from a human rights perspective.
Renny Cushing, Executive Director
2161 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140
- Pioneer Valley Coalition Against the Death Penalty
- For more information: Arise@riseup.net
- Agape Community
Lay Catholic ministry of peace education, including an ecumenical and interfaith embrace, prayer, evangelical simplicity and peacemaking witness in the world.
2062 Greenwich Road, Ware, MA 01082
(413) 967-9369 phone, (413) 967-4747 fax,
- American Friends Service Committee New England Region
A practical expression of the faith of the Religious Society of Friends, committed to the principles of nonviolence and justice, seeking in its work and witness to draw on the transforming power of love, human and divine.
Jamie Bissonnette, Criminal Justice Program Coordinator
2161 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140
(617) 661-6130 phone, (617) 354-2832 fax,
Jo Comerford, Western Mass. Program Coordinator
140 Pine Street, Florence, MA 01062
(413) 584-8975 phone, (413) 584-8987 fax,
- Buddhist Peace Fellowship Boston Chapter
Drawing on teachings of nonviolence and compassion, recognizing the essential unity and interdependence of all beings, we seek to find ways to work for social justice, equality, and global concerns.
- Community of Sant'Egidio Boston College Chapter
A movement of lay Catholic communities dedicated to evangelisation and charity, sharing the principles of Prayer, Communicating the Gospel, Solidarity with the poor, Ecumenism and Dialogue.
- Jewish Alliance for Law & Social Action
A strong, progressive, inter-generational voice, inspired by Jewish teachings and values, for social justice, civil rights, and civil liberties.
Sheila Decter, Director
18 Tremont Street, Suite 320, Boston, MA 02108
(617) 227-3000 phone, (662) 796-6625 fax,
- Massachusetts Catholic Conference
Giving witness to spiritual values in public affairs, particularly in the areas of morality, health, welfare, education, human and civil rights.
West End Place, 150 Staniford Street, Suite 5, Boston, MA 02114
(617) 367-6060 phone, (617) 367-2767 fax
- Massachusetts Council of Churches
A means for churches in the state to express our unity in Christ as fully and visibly as possible to: Educate and evangelize for unity, Promote ecumenical worship, Be a forum for dialogue, Foster denominational and conciliar interdependence, and Stimulate social mission and prophetic justice.
14 Beacon Street, Suite 416, Boston, MA 02108
(617)523-2771 phone, (617) 523-1483 fax,
- Boston Bar Association
- Leslie Davies, Government Relations Director
16 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108
(617) 742-0615, ext 242 phone, (617) 523-0127 fax,
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Jim DiNatale, Executive Director
Box 473, 321 Walnut Street, Newton, MA 02460
(617) 965-2271 phone, (617) 965-2215 fax,
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Abigail Shaine, Executive Director
20 West Street, Boston, MA 02111
(617) 338-0500 phone,
- National Lawyers Guild - Mass. Chapter
- Urszula Masny-Latos, Executive Director
14 Beacon Street, Suite 407, Boston, MA 02108
(617) 227-7335 phone, (617) 227-5495 fax,
- New England Innocence Project
- Neil Raphael, Associate Coordinator
Goodwin Procter LLP
Exchange Place, 53 State Street, Boston, MA 02109
(617) 570-1803 phone, (617) 523-1231 fax,
- Women's Bar Association of Massachusetts
- Elisabeth J. Medvedow, Executive Director
18 Tremont St, Suite 730, Boston, MA 02108
(617) 973-6666 phone, (617) 973-6663 fax,